[Zope-dev] Re: Installer for Windows (quick question)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Nov 10 05:31:51 EST 2006

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> Just as a note, those are pretty 'Advanced' applications. OTOH, Zope
> is too. So I buy your argument.

Yay :-)

> What's your proposal for default Installation and Instance directories?

I borrowed Guido's time machine an answered this already in another
message ;-)

>> - what's the difference between a Full and Compact installation?
>
> Good question. I just copied that over from the old installer. I will
> remove it, it doesn't seem to do anything useful.

Cool :-)

>> - what's the process going to be to get these releases onto zope.org?
>>    (I'm quite happy to do this manually if needed ;-) )
>
> Yeah, my guess is that someone will do at least some quick QA before
> uploading it. So yes, manual would be preferred.

I volunteer for doing that, although that's like just meaning
downloading, installing and starting using it when I'm poked to do so as
I guess your buildbot already runs all the tests?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk