[Zope-dev] Re: Windows Installer Nice-to-have

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 10:21:36 EST 2006

Christian Theune wrote:

> That's more like it. But as you mentioned, a compiled Zope is dependent
> on some binary compiled modules that want a compatible Python, so
> bringing it's own might be reasonable.

I think bringing in its own is reasonable if none suitable can be found.

But, I think in that case, why not put it in the "standard" python
location for windows? (and why not install it in the standard way so
that installing other python binary things for windows (such as mysql
and postgres) can find the python being used for Zope?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk