[Zope-dev] version.txt magic

Christian Steinhauer steinhauer at know-it.net
Sat Nov 25 06:04:46 EST 2006

>Zope 2.9 and Zope 2.10 currently show up with "unreleased
>version" inside the  control panel. App/version_txt.py tries
>to read the file lib/python/Zope2/version_txt. This file is
>usually created by the 'makefile'. The makefile of Zope 2.9
>create the file in the proper location however in Zope 2.10
>the makefile creates lib/python/version.txt.
>Is there a particular reason for this? I currently have now
>clue what  is bug and what is intended behavior. Any insights?
>*sigh* :-)

i check the old source of version_txt.py on my zope 2.6.4 server and there
is the file called version.txt, not version_txt. But the App/version_txt.py
on the new zope 2.10 is very different from the 2.6.4 one.

As i see you fixed it. Can you give me a description how to fix it or have
you done a thread into an bugtracker?