[Zope-dev] ZCatalog "Key Error" question

zope-dev at rosenthaltechnologies.com zope-dev at rosenthaltechnologies.com
Fri Sep 1 02:54:26 EDT 2006

I have a Zope product that relies heavily on a ZCatalog to search for
objects within a folder matching certain criteria.  The ZCatalog
frequently becomes corrupt, and on searching the catalog, the catalog
gives me key errors.  I'm trying to figure out what causes the
corruption so I can stop doing whatever I am doing to corrupt the
ZCatalog.

Here are the clues:

1.  When I re-index the catalog, everything works fine.  Unfortunately,
I cannot re-index the catalog very frequently because it takes a long
time
2.  The objects that are indexed are "Citation" objects, a class I
defined.
3.  The "Citation" class extends CatalogAware (as well as
Item,Persistent,Implicit, PropertyManager)
4.  Every time I change a citation, I call "reindex_object()" (on the
citation)
5.  When I add a citation, I call reindex_object() on the citation
immediately.
6.  I'm using "Zope 2.8.4-final", built from source.
7.  I'm using python 2.3.5

Thank you in advance.  I can provide more information upon request.

Best,
Brian Rosenthal
Brian Rosenthal
General Partner, RoboCommerce, LLC