[Zope-dev] zc.buildout changes

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Sep 6 10:05:17 EDT 2006

I apologize in advance to most of you who are not playing with
zc.buildout.

For those of who are ...
I don't have a dedicated list for zc.buildout yet, but I imagine that
most of you are on thse lists....

This morning I made new releases of zc.buildout, zc.recipe.egg and
zc.recipe.testrunner.  The recipe releases depend on the buildout
releases.  This means, unfortunately, that existing buildouts will
break when they try to get the latest recipe releases.  You will need
to rerun the bootstrap script to get the latest buildout release.  In
an effort to prevent this sort of breakage in the future, the
buildout software is now self updating.  After installing the new
release, the buildout software will check for new buildout and
setuptools releases whenever it runs (except in offline mode).

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org