[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-dev] Release schedule for Zope 2.11/3.4?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue Sep 12 10:55:31 EDT 2006

Benji York wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
>> What do you think about a 9 month release cycle?
>
> If we can't manage a 6 month cycle, 9 months is the longest release
> cycle I think is acceptable.

Agreed. I'd like to avoid longer than 9 months too.

> Personally I think we should just release the trunk every six months
> (with a list of known bugs) and that be it.  (I'm speaking of Zope 3
> here, I don't know enough about the dynamics of the Zope 2 ecosystem to
> comment there.)

I think that this is an edge case of time-based releasing: the absolute
minimal work we need to do to make a time-based release is to release
the trunk. Hopefully we'll be doing more than the minimal amount of
work, and we'll actually fix some bugs before we release the trunk. A
release can be a good opportunity to fix lingering bugs, after all.

Of course with eggification of Zope 3, 'releasing the trunk' is going to
  be less meaningful in the future...

Regards,

Martijn