[Zope-dev] In Defense of ZClasses

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 06:28:05 EDT 2006

My 0.02 EUR:

I like the idea and aim of ZClasses. However:

I think the implementation makes them more difficult to create than
disk-based classes, which defeats the purpose. I also think that
without exact knowledge of the limitations of ZClasses they have a
high risk of programming yourself into a corner.

For that reason, I think that ZClasses is a dead end which the core
Zope development team should not spend time on. There are many much
more useful things to do. If people who want ZClasses are willing to
spend time and money on ZClasses, this is of course not a problem.