[Zope-dev] Re: wsgi/paste pipelines in Zope 2 or 3?

Rob Miller robm at openplans.org
Thu Sep 28 17:02:35 EDT 2006

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 01:11:05PM -0400, Brad Clements wrote:
> | I've been doing a lot of work with Paste in the past year, cutting down on my
> | deployments of Zope.
> |
> | Now I'm taking a new look at Zope 3 and Zope 2, and wondering if it's possible to
> | use paste pipeline/filter in either version of Zope.  I've looked at
> |
> | http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/zope.paste
> |
> | and
> |
> | http://awkly.org/archive/zopepaste-wsgi-applications-in-zope-3-using-pastedeploy/
> |
> | But what I need is not just a wsgi application hosted in Zope, but rather, a wsgi
> | filter that can intercept the call chain during traversal.
> |
> | Has anyone else encountered this need or have thoughts about it?
>
> Hi Brad,
>
> The fine folks from The Open Planning Project

/me grins.

most of it is the work of one "fine folk", ian bicking.

> are developing
> 'topp.wsgi', which is pretty much what you're looking for.

it's actually 'topp.zwsgi'.  anonymous svn available here:

https://svn.openplans.org/svn/topp.zwsgi/

browseable interface here:

https://svn.openplans.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/topp.zwsgi/

> You can find them in #openplans on irc.freenode.net

this is true, yes... please be aware, though, that this stuff is nascent, and
our support time is limited.  we can help self-motivated folks who are digging
through the code and asking intelligent questions, but we're not yet to a
point where we can do a lot of hand-holding.

we do plan on using it within our own offerings, however, and all of our code
will be available (in the same svn repo linked above), so i suspect this story
will be improved in the coming months.

-r