[Zope-dev] SESSION values only refreshing with Shift-reload

Tina Matter tinamatter71 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 09:57:38 EDT 2006

I have a basic DTML document that has several input fields on it.  When the user submits the form, validation occurs and goes to an error page, if need be.  On my error page (dtml-document), there is a link to go back to the previous page to correct your errors.  However, when I click on that link, my SESSION values are not displaying.  But if I press Shift-Reload, I see my values.  Any ideas?

Upon Submitting the first form, here is what happens:

populate_session_vars (This sets the SESSION values based on what was entered on the form  ie.  <dtml-call REQUEST.SESSION.set('variablename', REQUEST.form['variablename'])> )

validate_form (This validates that the required fields are filled in)

If there's an error, the user goes to the error page and from there, clicks on a link to go back to the main form to fix their errors (dtml-document).

If anyone knows what is going on, please respond quickly.  I am under a tight deadline.

Thanks so much.