[Zope-dev] Re: Future of ZClasses

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 14:40:03 EDT 2006

On 9/29/06, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:
> You want to stick this interface to individual objects,
> while Lennart proposed to stick it to a type and use
> some kind of inheritance to make it effective on all objects
> instantiated from this type.
>
> For me, Lennart's approach seems to be far more economic, as
> he does things on an abstract (the type) level rather than
> always work on the concrete (the individual object) level.

In fact it is absolutely necessary, as you want to be able to change
the behaviour of a whole type of content classes. If you create the
content class "Events" and then suddenly want all events to have a
iCal export support, you do not want to enable this per event, but for
the type "event".

The type is thusly equivalent to portal types of CMF.