[Zope-dev] Re: Moving the Zope 2 bugtracker to Launchpad

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Aug 15 12:56:42 EDT 2007

Am Sonntag, den 12.08.2007, 21:45 +0200 schrieb Tino Wildenhain:
> Philipp von Weitershausen schrieb:
> > Martijn Pieters wrote:
> >>
> >> +1
> >>
> >> I do wish LP gave a bit more context in their emails though; today
> >> Christian Thuene cleaned up the Z3 bugtracker and I couldn't tell from
> >> any of the many bug emails if any related to bugs I cared about. I'll
> >> have to file a LP feature-request, I guess.
> >
> > I agree, I too wish that Launchpad emails would include the full bug
> > history (at least as an option). Whenever I've talked to the Launchpad
> > folks they were open for ideas, so I think it's worth a try to file a
> > feature request.
> >
> Maybe I missed the thread but why was LP choosen over for example
> Trac? The latter would at least work very well with the SVN repository
> and provide meaningfull emails...

We had a discussion about bug management systems on zope3-dev last year
and Canonical (repr. by Steve) made the offer to care for migration,
hosting and real support when we choose LP.

Some people were offered beta accounts around that time to be able to
play with the then upcoming system.

After that we decided to go for it, as LP is an attractive platform for
OS projects and they also have some upcoming offers that we are
considering for the future as well (maybe code hosting, maybe mailing
lists).

So far my experience with LP for bugtracking is good and I like the
system.The general use of LP bugtracking is pretty good and the
integration with release planning is very nice. There are some rough
edges, but those are getting better.

I hope I recap'ed this correctly.

Christian