[Zope-dev] Re: getting RestrictedPython working on Python 2.5

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Dec 5 06:11:45 EST 2007

Chris Withers wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking to get RestrictedPython working in Python 2.5.
> Has any work been done on this so far?
>
> My first question is about the "right" way to get a checkout that I can
> develop in now. In years gone by, I would have created a branch of the
> whole of zope 3, checked it out and then started work.
>
> Since eggification, I'm not sure what to do...
> What I was planning on doing was creating a branch of RestrictedPython,
> checking that out and then manually checking out any dependencies from
> svn. Is there a "better" way to do this with easy_install or some such?

$ svn co $z/RestrictedPython/trunk RestrictedPython   (or a branch)
$ cd RestrictedPython
$ /your/development/python bootstrap.py
$ bin/buildout

$ bin/test

($z refers to svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main on my system)

Note that this procedure is the canonical one for all packages
maintained in svn.zope.org nowadays.