[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope 2.11] KGS incomplete (Was: Stepping forward and going beta)

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Dec 24 14:43:04 EST 2007

On 24 Dec 2007, at 16:32 , Andreas Jung wrote:
>>> WARN: KGS incomplete - zope.app.content_types not found
>>> WARN: KGS incomplete - zope.app.event not found
>>> WARN: KGS incomplete - zope.app.filerepresentation not found
>>> WARN: KGS incomplete - zope.app.location not found
>>> WARN: KGS incomplete - zope.app.mail not found
>>> WARN: KGS incomplete - zope.app.rdb not found
>>> WARN: KGS incomplete - zope.app.servicenames not found
>>> WARN: KGS incomplete - zope.app.site not found
>>> WARN: KGS incomplete - zope.app.size not found
>>> WARN: KGS incomplete - zope.app.tests not found
>
> I kicked them.

Well, they've been deprecated for a while but it says they were
scheduled for removal in Zope 3.5 which corresponds Zope 2.12. So we
can't get rid of them just yet. Zope 2.11 shoudl still contain them.

IMO it's fine to simply leave the externals from the 2.10 branch for
them in place.

> I created a test branch and adjusted the externals so far.
>
> zope.thread seems to be a broken (there is no _zope_thread.c
> file)...however had no time for further investigations.

As Tres pointed out, the C extension is gone, so you can just remove
that entry from setup.py.

> And the testrunner produces 9 errors...anyone with a fast idea about
> the reasons for the failures (before doing further investigations)?
>
> "/opt/python-2.4.4/bin/python" "/Users/ajung_data/sandboxes/Zope/
> ajung-2-11-prep-branch/test.py" -v
> Running tests at level 1
> Running unit tests:
> Running:
> rror in test testSetupConfiguredLoggers
> (Zope2.Startup.tests.testStarter.ZopeStarterTestCase)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/opt/python-2.4.4/lib/python2.4/unittest.py", line 270, in run
>   self.tearDown()
> File "/Users/ajung_data/sandboxes/Zope/ajung-2-11-prep-branch/lib/
> python/Zope2/Startup/tests/testStarter.py", line 69, in tearDown
>   test_logger.LoggingTestBase.tearDown(self)
> File "/Users/ajung_data/sandboxes/Zope/ajung-2-11-prep-branch/lib/
> python/ZConfig/components/logger/tests/test_logger.py", line 72, in
> tearDown
>   assert loghandler._reopenable_handlers == []
> AssertionError

I can say nothing about these failures. It seems like they're ZConfig-
related.

> Running zope.testbrowser.tests.TestBrowserLayer tests:
> Tear down zope.formlib.tests.FormlibLayer in 0.005 seconds.
> Set up zope.testbrowser.tests.TestBrowserLayer Traceback (most
> recent call last):
>   ImportError: No module named session.interfaces

> Running zope.traversing.tests.layer.TraversingLayer tests:
> Set up zope.traversing.tests.layer.TraversingLayer Traceback (most
> recent call last):
>   ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'package', 'ImportError:
> Module zope has no global securitypolicy')

Those two are related to an unplanned split-up of
zope.app.securitypolicy and zope.app.session. They occurred in the
3.4.x line even though they should've in the 3.5.x line. So, what
you'll need to do is add externals for zope.session and
zope.securitypolicy (notice the missing "app"!) according to the KGS.
That should get that settled.

Thanks for tackling this, Andreas.

Merry Christmas,
Philipp