[Zope-dev] Interest in "AdvancedQuery" and/or "ManagableIndex"?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Feb 2 16:36:37 EST 2007

Whit ("mailto:d.w.morriss at gmail.com") reported that "AdvancedQuery"
is going to ship with Plone3 and that packaging would be easier for them if
"AdvancedQuery" were part of the Zope 2 distribution.
According to Whit, Alexander Limi seems to be interested to have
"Managable Index" in the Zope 2 distribution, as well.

I have no problems to donate "AdvancedQuery" and/or "Managable Index"
to the Zope Foundation *BUT* I will not modify the code to bring
it in line with the different style requirements usually applied
to Zope components: e.g.

  * my code uses 2 blank indentation rather than the usual 4 blank
    (to make it more readable and easier to maintain for me)

  * I much prefer unit tests over doctests; thus, "AdvancedQuery"
    and "Managable Index" come with extensive unit tests and no
    doctests

  * I use camel case also for parameters and local variables
    and not only for functions and "global" objects.

Is there interest in "AdvancedQuery" and/or "Managable Index"
to become part of the Zope 2 distribution under these conditions?

--
Dieter