[Zope-dev] Re: Interest in "AdvancedQuery" and/or "ManagableIndex"?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Feb 5 01:16:35 EST 2007

--On 4. Februar 2007 19:24:09 -0500 Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com>
wrote:

>> Anyone else should think about how to deal with this issue...I'm too
>> much  biased :-)
>
> - -1 on reformatting code, especially if we are talking about putting it
> in 'repos/main/Products.{AdvancedQuery,ManageableIndex}':  the win there
> is to have it *possible* for somebody elxe to submit patches, link the
> product in via 'svn:externals', etc., without making it harder for
> Dieter to maintain.

The basic question for me is: should *any* code checked in on svn.zope.org
follow the basic code styles like the 4 space rule or only code of the core
component used for building releases? I think we have no law written down
for this problem?!

 We all have a legitimate interest to see most of Dieters code in a public
repository in order to use it properly for buildouts or for deploying it to
sites. Someone of you might be interested to convince Dieter being more
flexible and less meticulous.

>  $ python -c "import this" | grep purity

+1 on this but this  applies always to both sides :-)

Andreas