[Zope-dev] Re: Interest in "AdvancedQuery" and/or "ManagableIndex"?

Jürgen Herrmann Juergen.Herrmann at XLhost.de
Mon Feb 5 07:25:15 EST 2007

On Mon, February 5, 2007 12:26, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2007, at 12:22 , Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Some of the holdup is in the bylaws. The bylaws were, simply put,
>> rather overengineered, and we've been struggling to cut them down so
>> we can actually work with them. This is holding up the IP transfer.
>
> Ok. Is there anything us mere mortals can do to speed up this process?
>
>> Another is of course who is doing the hosting. Currently we're using
>> ZC's infrastructure for SVN. We need to shift it away from ZC's
>> infrastructure at some point to make it easier to give other people
>> access. ZC can say more about this, however.
>
> I'm sure we'd find somebody willing to host at least the subversion
> repository. We just need to get to a point where we can say: Hey, the
> ZF now owns Zope, who wants to host it?

can anyone estimate on how much traffic the svn-repos will generate?

we have enough space and cpu time available, but traffic is an issue
if it exceeds one or two mbits average per month (300-600gb)...

regards, jürgen herrmann

>> XLhost.de - eXperts in Linux hosting <<

Jürgen Herrmann
Konrad Adenauer Allee 43, DE-93051 Regensburg

Fon:  +49 (0)700 XLHOSTDE [0700 95467833]
Fax:  +49 (0)721 151 463027
WEB:  http://www.XLhost.de