[Zope-dev] Interest in "AdvancedQuery" and/or "ManagableIndex"?

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Tue Feb 6 09:47:52 EST 2007

Previously Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Whit ("mailto:d.w.morriss at gmail.com") reported that "AdvancedQuery"
> is going to ship with Plone3 and that packaging would be easier for them if
> "AdvancedQuery" were part of the Zope 2 distribution.
> According to Whit, Alexander Limi seems to be interested to have
> "Managable Index" in the Zope 2 distribution, as well.

Plone 3 indeed depends on AdvancedQuery now. Since we manage Plone
development via subversion bundles (and must people I know of do the
same thing for their development environments) it would make things
a lot simpler for us if all products and packages we use can be linked
using svn externals. Currently AdvancedQuery is the only one where
we can not do that, hence the desire to have it in svn.zope.org as well.

Having AdvancedQuery be part of the Zope 2 distribution or core is
not relevant for us. AdvancedQuery certainly has some features that
would be very nice to have included in Zope 2, but that is a different
discussion and something that will require a lot more thought and work.

Are there any objections to Dieter donating AdvancedQuery to the Zope
Foundation and moving it to svn.zope.org, but keeping him as maintainer
of the product?

Wichert.