[Zope-dev] Re: Caching ZCatalog results

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 15:25:13 EST 2007

On 2/23/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> It may require a bit of hacking the catalog, of course. Perhaps it's
> time to start thinking about componentizing the Zope 2 catalog to make
> such things easier in the future?

Yup. It would also be interesting to look into making it faster which
huge datasets, something that is a problem now. I think it's because
you search each index separately and intersect the results, and only
then pick out the 20 first results.

Compared with Lucene for example, which instead will create iterators
who will only resturn the "next match". This saves you from a lot of
index searching when you have big results.

I don't know if it is feasible to do something like that, but it would
be interesting to look into it.

--
Lennart Regebro: Python, Zope, CPS, Plone consulting.
+33 661 58 14 64