[Zope-dev] Bug in Traversable.py

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 02:37:59 EDT 2007

On 3/23/07, Roché Compaan <roche at upfrontsystems.co.za> wrote:
> Thus, often string attributes will fail with this check.

I don't understand how you reach that conclusion.

> In my opinion the code should read:
>
>                             if not ok:
>                                 if (container is not None or
>                                     guarded_getattr(obj, name, _marker)
>                                         != next):
>                                     raise Unauthorized(name)

No, we are checking for identity there, because that's what we want to
check. The question is why guarded_getattr(obj, name, _marker) and
bobo_traverse(REQUEST, name) doesn't return the same object in this
case.

> If you agree that his is a bug, I'll log it.

I suspect that the bug is something different than this.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64