[Zope-dev] Re: Zope on Python 2.5?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Nov 1 10:04:43 EDT 2007

Hey,

[making Zope 2 work on Python 2.5]

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
[snip]
> I believe this is a critical issue and the interested parts need to
> work together on it. Maybe the Plone Foundation and the Zope
> Foundation can work together and setup a bounty to fund some developer
> to do this work?

That's an idea that certainly deserves some exploration! The Zope
Foundation awaits the Plone Foundation's proposals for something like
this with great anticipation! Note that I explicitly put the ball to
initiate these discussions in their court, as it appears that the Plone
project feels a particular urgency here, Alexander Limi having kicked
off this discussion. This could finally start some cooperation between
the two foundations, something I've been hoping would happen for a long
time now. Now we have something concrete.

Note that the Zope Foundation indirectly has supported topic a bit,
thanks to the summer of code. Nikhil, the summer of code student, worked
on supporting the Zope (3) libraries on Python 2.5 already. Nikhil
apparently already wants to work on this project.

Regards,

Martijn