AW: AW: [Zope-dev] RFC: Packages should load configuration they depend upon

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Fri Nov 9 14:34:46 EST 2007

Hi Philipp

> Betreff: Re: AW: [Zope-dev] RFC: Packages should load
> configuration they depend upon
>
> On 9 Nov 2007, at 20:15 , Roger Ineichen wrote:
> >> Betreff: [Zope-dev] RFC: Packages should load configuration they
> >> depend upon
> >>
> >> http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/PackagesShouldLoadConfigurationThey
> >> DependUpon
> >>
> >> Comments appreciated. Otherwise, silence is treated as assent.
> >>
> >> I'm planning on starting with this tomorrow as part of the Boring
> >> Sprint we're having in Tübingen right now.
> >
> > Do I get this right, are you proposing moving everything from
> > ftesting.zcml to configure.zcml?
> >
> > Or only a subset of ftesting.zcml?
>
> Only the stuff that's an intrinsic dependency of the
> package's configuration. ftesting.zcml will always contain
> more directives that are specific to the functional tests
> (e.g. configuring a security policy, test principals, etc.)

Holy grail,
if you like to do this, this means you need to
look carfully if a package not only has a dependency
to a apckage because it needs a interface or the configured
implementation.

We have a lot of dependency to package because we
depend on interfaces and not on the implementation.
Right now it is Ok, if we skip the configuration.
But If you will configure them by default in zcml.
MY next step whould be to move the interfaces out of
the packages if I don't need the configured component
rather then override it. Becaues override.zcml sucks.

e.g. I'm useing zope.app.folder.Folder as a super class
but I never use the Folder as component. etc. etc.

In my point of view I whould say this is not possible
at all.

Regards
Roger Ineichen