[Zope-dev] Re: AW: AW: Re: Grok 0.11 released!

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Fri Nov 9 20:35:44 EST 2007

Stephan Richter wrote:
>>> I think so because,
>> Surely there must be a way to say "I want to use THAT KGS over there.
>> Except for this module, that should hav this version. And of course,
>> all these bunch of eggs which isn't dfined in that KGS at all".
>
> Unfortunately, this is not how the index works in setuptools.

Which is why I think the index-page KGS solution is largely unusable for
the projects I work in. :-/

Can you please also confirm something for me - if I use the Zope KGS
index page, and I also need a package from the Cheese Shop, and the
Cheese Shop contains newer (not-good) versions of packages that are also
in the KGS index, will setuptools/buildout use the one from the KGS
without a narrow version spec in my egg dependencies?

Martin