[Zope-dev] AW: AW: Re: Grok 0.11 released!

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sat Nov 10 10:23:06 EST 2007

On Friday 09 November 2007, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2007 4:06 PM, Roger Ineichen <dev at projekt01.ch> wrote:
> > > Create our own locked down index?
> >
> > I think so because,
>
> Surely there must be a way to say "I want to use THAT KGS over there.
> Except for this module, that should hav this version. And of course,
> all these bunch of eggs which isn't dfined in that KGS at all".

Sure, now that I think of it. ;-)

[buildout]
index = http://download.zope.org/zope3.4
find-links = \
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/z/zope.component/zope.component-3.4.0.tar.gz

> Because that's what we all need. So it must be possible, right? The
> KGS is just that, a Known Good Set. It must be possible to in your
> build out override a version here and add packages there?

Yep. I will also publish an extension to the KGS files today that allows you
to manage your own ``controlled-packages.cfg`` file based on Zope 3.4's; but
you will not need to have your own KGS, since you can use the
``controlled-packages.cfg`` file to generate a ``versions.cfg`` file.

Mmmh, the more I think about it, the more I become convinced that we are
getting to a pretty solid story here.

Regards,
Stephan
--