[Zope-dev] Re: Zope without Zope

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sat Nov 17 14:12:46 EST 2007

Jim Fulton wrote:

>> I understand the historical reasons behind these dependencies, but I
>> genuinely think we should pick a few libraries that are "useful" to
>> the outside world (zope.interface, zope.component,
>> zope.configuration, zope.annotation, zope.event come to mind) and
>> work to make these have "clean" dependencies.
>
> Most or all of the ones you mention already do.  zope.component's
> dependencies are clean as long as you don't try to use the zcml
> support. zope.annotation is the only one I'm not sure about but I bet
> it's dependencies are modest.

zope.component, zope.interface and zope.schema worked well for me.

zope.annotation does not work well at all - it's sat here doing
zope.app.appsetup as I type this; zope.app.component,
zope.app.authentication, zope.app.debug, zope.app.dependable,
zope.publisher... I won't go on. I think zope.location which includes
zope.security is the culprit.

In general, I guess if we have zope.* packages depending on zope.app.*
packages, something is wrong. ;)

Martin