[Zope-dev] zopeproject and eggs lead to wrong zopeversion

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Mon Nov 26 06:20:38 EST 2007

Hello,

An full-egg zope 3.4 buildout installed with zopeproject tells me the zope
version is 3.3.1 (in /++etc++process/):

- I have a fully eggified zope 3.4 installed with zopeproject.
- I also have a zope 3.3.1 installed on the system python.

When I start the 3.4 full-egg instance, I've discovered that
zope.app.applicationcontrol.zopeversion tries to reach zope/app/version.txt
to determine the major zope version.

Since version.txt does not seem to be included in any egg, it fallbacks to the
system zope installed.

Where is the bug: zopeversion? zopeproject? a missing egg for zope.app itself?

Christophe