[Zope-dev] Additional locales for zope.i18n.locales.data?

Nathan Yergler nathan at yergler.net
Tue Nov 27 09:23:04 EST 2007

I've run into a problem this morning with i18n in Zope3, and I'm not
exactly sure what the appropriate approach is.  We have a set of South
African translations, paticularly Zulu (zu) and Sotho (st) that are
getting picked up correctly.  Upon some inspection it appears that the
i18n negotiator is skipping over them, with an exception such as:

The desired locale is not available.

Upon inspection I can confirm that the locales which are not working
are those without .xml files in the data directory.  So a few
questions:

* Is there an external source for those .xml files, or do we create
them ourselves?
* Translation seems to work OK (in the case of Zulu, not Sotho) from
ZPT, but not from Python; does this sound sane, or perhaps I'm missing
something?

Thanks,

Nathan