[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] I'd lobe to merge the zope3-dev and zope-dev lists

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Oct 4 17:56:38 EDT 2007

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Thursday 04 October 2007 09:57, Jim Fulton wrote:
>> This would basically involve retiring the zope3-dev list and moving
>> zope3 developers to the zope-dev list.
>
> -1. I do not follow zope-dev at all and the traffic is pretty high there.

If you "do not follow it at all", how would you know that "the traffic
is pretty high there"?

It is, in fact, much lower than on zope3-dev. Here's an overview of the
number of messages in both lists in the last 12 months (cross-posts are
counted twice):

      zope-dev  zope3-dev
------------------------
Oct       158        238
Nov       119        235
Dec        65        231
Jan       168        300
Feb       127        178
Mar       164        300
Apr       118        282
May        89        297
Jun       121        126
Jul        52        274
Aug        91        303
Sep       101        411

So zope3-dev has anything between 1.5 and 5 times the number of postings
per month than zope-dev.

If you're not interested in certain topics, then I suggest you simply
ignore those emails.