[Zope-dev] zope.app.error 3.5.1 not listed on distribution list

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Thu Oct 18 16:57:26 EDT 2007

Hi there,

during grok development we recently experienced some trouble with the
zope.app.error package. We distribute the list on
`http://download.zope.org/distribution` as sources list for grokproject,
so that projects created with that tool, by default lookup this list for
available eggs/packages.

On this list the 3.5.1 release of zope.app.error is missing (older
releases are available), which makes projects created with grokproject
using an older release of zope.app.error, which in turn leads to errors.
A bit annoying.

To understand the sources lookup process better, I would like to know:

Is there a special reason, why zope.app.error 3.5.1 is not listed on the
above distribution list (while older versions are listed)?

What is the recommended sources list for looking up zope eggs during
buildout, anyway? There is at least also the `ppix` 'listing' on
download.zope.org (which already provides zope.app.error 3.5.1). What's
the difference in terms of completeness and up-to-dateness of listed
packages?

Sorry, if this are dumb questions and thanks in advance,

--
Uli