[Zope-dev] How to publish Zope2 products on PyPI

Janko Hauser jh at zscout.de
Sat Sep 22 07:14:45 EDT 2007

Am 22.09.2007 um 07:59 schrieb Dieter Maurer:

> My current ideas towards a solution:
>
>   We define a package prefix for Zope2 products, e.g.
> "zope2.products".
>   Zope2 products are published to PyPI as "<prefix>.<productname>".

Searching for "Products" at PyPi results in a longer list. So I think
a namespace is already present.

>   We extend the Zope2 configuration with an option "additional-
> products"
>   which lists the products used by the instance that are not
>   at a standard place -- such as those installed by "setuptools"

There is a directive in zope.conf to add additional directories to
the products namespace.

To add downloaded eggs to an instance one can set them in the
PYTHONPATH environment variable. Buildout does it in the "./bin/
ctrlsrcipts"

These are only hints, because I also have severe difficulties to put
all these things together. One point I do not understand is, how to
build eggs from src checkouts in one buildout for zope2 without
downloading all dependencies as eggs (which are also part of the main
zope install)

Is there actually a list, where buildout questions can be asked?

With regards,

__Janko

Janko Hauser  email:  jhauser at zscout.de
               mobile: +49 1721 641552