[Zope-dev] straighting out the SQLAlchemy integration mess

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Apr 9 15:08:26 EDT 2008

Andreas Jung wrote at 2008-4-9 20:34 +0200:
>>> Quite possibly
>>> z3c.sqlalchemy has a release that actually works.
>>
>> The current release is not very robust against some kinds of temporary
>> problems. When e.g. the database is restarted, "z3c.sqlalchemy" may
>> enter a state where all database interactions raise an exception
>> until Zope is restarted.
>
>This is very likely an issue of the underlying SA implementation.

As I have explained to you, "z3c.sqlalchemy" has a big weakness
when there are any exceptions from commit or abort:
in this case, the SQLAlchemy resources session and connection
are not cleaned up and remain associated with the thread.
This thread will always get the unclean resources -- until a
restart.

That's something, "z3c.sqlalchemy" can improve -- independently
from what SQLAlchemy does.

--
Dieter