[Zope-dev] Re: straighting out the SQLAlchemy integration mess

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Apr 11 08:50:44 EDT 2008

Andreas Jung wrote:
[snip]
> Possibly a sane and clean solution but way of over-designed. I am
> interested in simple and robust solutions that work and not in a
> solution that adds more and more unnecessary layers just the sake of
> having them :-)

It's a 1 liner to set up the connection in this story if you want to
hard-code it in Python, and by implementing it as a property, you can
get the connection string from any place you want, including environment
variables or whatever else your Python code can get to. This cuts the
whole debate about where the connection string should come from short,
as you can code whatever you want yourself.

This has an example of the utility setup:

http://faassen.n--tree.net/blog/view/weblog/2008/04/08/0

Regards,

Martijn