[Zope-dev] Re: straighting out the SQLAlchemy integration mess

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Fri Apr 11 11:29:03 EDT 2008

Brian Sutherland schreef:

> Unfortunately, it doesn't seem an option, right now, to avoid using ZCML
> to setup database connections. So I'm not sure how you want to implement
> your ideas?

Something we did for an LDAP connection that needed the same kind of
server-dependent config: put an ldapconfig.py file in zope's etc/ dir
and load that if available from the code that configures ldap.

Not the best of solutions, probably, but it worked. What I wanted to
say: this *is* a way to avoid using zcml!

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees          Blog: http://vanrees.org/weblog/
reinout at vanrees.org          Work: http://zestsoftware.nl/