[Zope-dev] A permanent log for buildouts

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Apr 14 13:59:55 EDT 2008

On Apr 14, 2008, at 12:39 PM, David Pratt wrote:
> Has anyone already setup a more permanent log for buildouts. I am
> wanting a more permanent record of what has happened when buildout
> is run. I believe this likely ought to be part of zc.buildout so
> that you identify a buildout.log location. Many thanks.

There isn't anything like this now.  I'd be in favor of something.
All that might be needed is to provide a way to specify a python
logger configuration.  IMO, it would be enough to provide an option to
name a logger config file as described in:

   http://docs.python.org/lib/logging-config-fileformat.html

You might be able to arrange this now using the buildout extension
mechanism:

   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout#extensions

Jim

--