[Zope.org Redux] Re: [Zope-dev] Let's fix the damned website

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 16:48:10 EDT 2008

Martins answer doens't seem to have arrived here, so sorry for the
weird quoting:

> On 21 Apr 2008, at 11:53 , Martin Aspeli wrote:
> > Does it really matter whether a microsite lives in
> > zope.org/projects/zodb or zodb.zope.org?

As mentioned, no.But it's important that it is it's own site, running
it's own version of the software, so that it can be maintained
seperately without having to upgrade all of zope.org.

>  I agree with Martin. We need to stop the balkanization of Zope-the-brand.
> Yes, we have many individual projects, but we need a coherent image to the
> outside world. Microsites was a good idea to get foundation site and the
> Grok site up and running *before* tackling zope.org, but in the long run, we
> need coherence.
>
>  Also, to be honest, I don't find the design of the new Grok website very
> attractive. And the foundation site is simple enough to be folded back into
> the main site.

I understand these points, but I repeat one last time: Zope.org has
been in dire need of upgrade for more than five years. It got one in
the beginning of this, and that produced a zope.org that wasn't very
much better, and since then, nothing happened. The main reason for
failure is that it is a monolithic gigant.

Don't make that mistake again.

Please.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64