[Zope-dev] Re: bad "zope.size" to remove from PyPI

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Aug 1 19:03:49 EDT 2008

Christophe Combelles wrote:
> could someone remove this package from the PyPI :
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zope.size/3.4dev-r73090
>
> This is an empty development version, considered more recent by PyPI
> than the latest released version 3.4.0. (which is r78211)

Done.

In case anybody's wondering how this complies with our "no removal of
any release whatsoever" policy [1], be assured that a 3.4dev-r73090
thing isn't a release by our standards. This version number not only
contains the 'dev' marker, meaning it must have come from a development
branch (possibly the trunk), it also contains the -rXXX suffix meaning
it was made right from a subversion checkout without having created a
tags first (why else would you want to include the revision number).

[1]
http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/Sandbox/philikon/foundation/releasing-software.txt