[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 3.4 release policy

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Aug 4 08:41:11 EDT 2008

Benji York wrote:
[snip]
>> I also have inclinations to clean up the tests that don't fail, but have
>> other downsides (random confusing output to stderr, not supporting
>> layer teardown).  I don't consider them to be release blockers, but I
>> think these would be nice to have in a 3.4.0 final.
>
> 3.4.0 is already at rc5, right?  If so, I'd be disinclined to do
> pure refactor-y type things to it.

Agreed. I think we should just declare a 3.4.0 at this point. Perfection
is nice but we'll never reach it anyway, and it's been a stable base for
development for half a year now, so we have quite a bit of validation.

Let's start considering 3.4.1 and 3.5. If we get into a habit of
releases once every few months (at least bugfix releases) there is less
of a reason to hold off on release until things are perfect.

Regards,

Martijn