[Zope-dev] ZODB3 3.9.0-dev-r77011 egg?!

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Aug 19 06:09:29 EDT 2008

El 19 Aug 2008, a las 12:05 , Chris Withers escribió:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>>> and why does buildout pick it over a stable release?
>> Because buildout, like easy_install, will pick the newest available
>> version for a distribution. Fortunately, buildout has a prefer-
>> stable option so that you can tell it to prefer stable over alpha/
>> beta/dev releases. Also, in any serious situtation you'd want to
>> pin your versions, e.g. using the KGS [2] or a manual list.
>
> Okay, so how come zopeproject doesn't do any of these?

Because I haven't bothered to update it yet.

> I don't even know how to use the KGS - where would I find docs on
> that?

It's just the standard buildout-extension feature that you can use to
pull in a versions list from the web, e.g. the one I just pasted you
in my previous email:

[buildout]
extends = http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/versions.cfg
versions = versions

See http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout#multiple-configuration-
files. Of course you could also just download the file and add it to
your buildout.cfg verbatimly.