[Zope-dev] SVN: zope.dublincore/trunk/ Move test-dependencies to 'extras'.

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 17:52:15 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Malthe Borch <mborch at gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't know there was a controversy, but I do remember that there was
> consensus that ``extras_require`` is not the most elegant solution.

Oh, there is!

> If you can advise a different way to avoid pulling in
> ``zope.app.testing`` I'm happy to revert the change; otherwise I think
> we should live and let live with it since it at the very least does the job.

There's no good way to avoid dependencies like zope.app.testing;
because that's part of the test environment, the tests won't show
whether there are problems when it's removed.  If you want to fly what
you test, test dependencies can't be eliminated.

I'd suggest reverting the change for now.

 -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at gmail.com>