[Zope-dev] Zope Tests: 3 OK, 3 Failed

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Mon Dec 8 12:10:21 EST 2008

Zope Tests Summarizer wrote:
> Summary of messages to the zope-tests list.
> Period Sun Dec  7 12:00:00 2008 UTC to Mon Dec  8 12:00:00 2008 UTC.
> There were 6 messages: 6 from Zope Tests.
>

> Test failures
> -------------
>
> Subject: FAILED (failures=7) : Zope-2.11 Python-2.4.5 : Linux
> From: Zope Tests
> Date: Sun Dec  7 20:29:11 EST 2008

I have fixed this one as follows:

 - I upgraded the mechanize external to the vendor-imported 0.10
   version.

 - I upgraded the 'zope.testbrowser' external to the Zope2-specific
   version which suppresses the 'over-the-wire.txt' tests (which should
   *never* run automatically, BTW).

 - I updated 'Products.Five.testbrowser' to strip out the '_seek'
   handler, which was never part of the relased version of 'mechanize'
   on which our internal fork was based.

> Subject: FAILED (failures=2) : Zope-trunk Python-2.4.5 : Linux
> From: Zope Tests
> Date: Sun Dec  7 20:30:42 EST 2008
>
> Subject: FAILED (failures=2) : Zope-trunk Python-2.5.2 : Linux
> From: Zope Tests
> Date: Sun Dec  7 20:32:12 EST 2008

For the trunk I have spelunked the 'zope.testbrowser' failure, which is
due to a difference between Zope2 and Zope3 requests:  the Z3 versions
have empty 'processInputs' methods, while the Z2 version drains the
input stream for non-GET methods, creating a cgi.FieldStorage.  I would
just as soon disable the test under Zope2 (e.g., with something like the
attached patch), rather than care about the different semantics.  I
could create another Z2-specific tag for this, if needed.

I still don't have a clue why the 'aqlegacy_ftest.txt' tests fail.  Ideas?

Tres.
- --
Tres Seaver          +1 540-429-0999          tseaver at palladion.com