[Zope-dev] z3c.form 2.0 release

Michael Howitz mh at gocept.com
Tue Dec 9 05:14:16 EST 2008

Am 09.12.2008 um 11:06 schrieb Stephan Richter:
> On Tuesday 09 December 2008, Michael Howitz wrote:
>> There is still the zagy-sources branch which makes z3c.form usable
>> together with sources (not only vocabularies). I'd be happy to merge
>> it to the trunk.
>
> I would love to have this branch merged and even wait a few days
> with the
> release process.

Nice.

>> But it adds a dependency to zope.app.form as it needs
>> zope.app.form.browser.interfaces.ITerms.
>> There was a discussion to move this interface to a new package called
>> zope.browser [1].
>> But I don't know if there was any progress.
>
> That is a real problem, as I really do not want a dependency on
> zope.app.form.
>
> I do not think there has been progress on the discussion, but we
> should just
> release the zope.browser package with this one interface in it for
> now.

+1

> Another alternative would be for z3c.form to specify an ITerms
> interface.
> Porting from zope.app.form to z3c.form would be easy, since only one
> import
> would need to change.

-1
This does not work with other products like zc.sourcefactory which
expect the interface in zope.app.form.
As zc.sourcefactory has to work with zope.formlib, it can't use an
interface from z3c.form to register its adapters.

Yours sincerely,
--
Michael Howitz · mh at gocept.com · software developer