[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zope.testbrowser/trunk/ - Switched to Zope 3.4 KGS.

Benji York benji at zope.com
Tue Dec 9 08:43:44 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:

> Stripping all versions from the dependencies in setup.py only works if
> users are willing to run their own package indexes, and figure out edge
> cases such as the ones you describe by themselves:

The above claim appears false.  Every project (both the open and closed)
I work on has virtually no versions in setup.py and we don't use a
private package index.  We use a version section in the buildout.

> at that point,
> forking the egg to drop the manually-resolved extra dependency is a
> minor nuisance.

Specifying your own versions requires even less work than forking.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer