[Zope-dev] zope.browser?

Robert Niederreiter rnix at squarewave.at
Thu Dec 11 11:46:49 EST 2008

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 11.12.2008, 17:13 +0100 schrieb Roger Ineichen:

> I just moved the zope.app.form.interfaces.ITerms interface
> to this package. Which makes it possible to implement ISource
> and their widgets in z3c.form wihtout to depend on zope.app.browser.
> (zagy branch in z3c.form)
>
> I didn't see any other (browser) interface which should go to
> this package because of real dependency problems yet. But sure
> if you see something which can solve problems, feel free
> to move interfaces, dependency less components or helper
> methods to this package.
We have written browser helper tools in a package named
cornerstone.browser. especially IRequestMixin here

http://dev.plone.org/collective/browser/cornerstone.browser/trunk/cornerstone/browser/interfaces.py

might be a candidate for this or such a component.

We use it most of the time as mixin for browser views, content
providers, menu items and everything else which has to deal with
application state data, urls and queries.

For IRequestMixin the implementation is almost finished (one function
and some testing left - see base.py and base.txt if you're interested
in), and for the pointed usecases there are convenience implementations.

It would be great to see this or something like this in zope.browser
package, dealing with request data and url's is almost every day's
business and always more code than i could be.

regards, robert