[Zope-dev] adapting to None

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Dec 14 02:34:46 EST 2008

Chris Withers wrote at 2008-12-13 10:42 +0000:
> From looking at the python implementation of Interface, __call__ is
>indicated to be the method to override, but with the C-based Interface,
>this has no effect. Why is that?
>
>*That's* what I'm looking for help with, not judgement on whether
>adapting to None is a good idea or not ;-)

I am very pleased that adaptation poses some resistance to the abuse
of its semantics ;-)

I *DO* want that I can rely on the result of "IInterface(...)" really
providing "IInterface" (and not be forced to check against all
potential values others invented to circumvent the adaptation semantics).
Thus, I hope, you will not get your wish :-)

--
Dieter