[Zope-dev] Deprecate ITerms in zope.app.form? [Re: zope.browser?]

Christian Zagrodnick cz at gocept.com
Mon Dec 15 02:59:34 EST 2008

On 2008-12-12 16:04:09 +0100, Robert Niederreiter <rnix at squarewave.at> said:

> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, den 12.12.2008, 15:51 +0100 schrieb Christian Zagrodnick:
>> On 2008-12-12 14:24:09 +0100, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> said:
>>
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> Christian Zagrodnick wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> Why is such a deprecation warning bad? Wouldn't this encourage people to
>>> update their code?
>>

>> A deprecation warning isn't bad. But I think we should not deprecate
>> the use of ITerms from zope.app.form. I don't see a gain in this API
>> change.
> Imo it's a bad idea to keep exactly the same interface in 2 places. At
> least i don't see an improvement or convenience in keeping it.
>
> the only real reason to keep it is for legacy reasons, but import
> adoption should not be that hard ;)

No it is not. I just question why we force everybody to use the new
location when we did not do so with ISite. It is exactly the same issue
with two different outcomes.

The canonical location for ISite is zope.location now. It used to
reside in zope.app.component but was moved to zope.location w/o
deprecating the use from zope.app.location to keep the API backward
compatible. I really do not see a differrence to ITerms here.

Christian Zagrodnick · cz at gocept.com
http://gocept.com · tel +49 345 1229889 4 · fax +49 345 1229889 1