[Zope-dev] bug in zope.testing 3.7.1?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 13:03:15 EST 2008

Hi Guys,

Line 396 of doctest.py contains code which is, at best,
platform-specific (and so a bug) or, more likely, irrelevent.

I have the following code that runs the tests in all my package's docs:

def test_suite():
     suite = unittest.TestSuite()
     for path in \
      glob(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__),'..','docs','*.txt')):
         suite.addTest(
             DocFileSuite(path, optionflags=REPORT_NDIFF|ELLIPSIS)
             )
     return suite

...which runs fine on Windows (which makes me think that whole
ValueError raise is bogus) and yet fails on Linux.

Does anyone know why that raise is there?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk