[Zope-dev] Deprecate ITerms in zope.app.form? [Re:zope.browser?]

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Dec 22 12:48:47 EST 2008

Hi there,

All right, I was getting a bit confused when it appeared you were
arguing against moving things at all, but you're basically in favor of
leaving the old APIs intact without explicitly breaking them.

I think we need to think of some way to signal that the "preferred
import location" of something has changed that doesn't result in
deprecation warnings. It's clear from this discussion that this should
be done upon request, not during runtime. The old import location can
then stay around indefinitely.

I'd like a tool that I can point at a package and it'll sort through
whatever it imports and tell me which ones are not importing from the
"right" public location. Each package should have some way to indicate
to that tool whether certain imports are better made from somewhere
else if one is in the business of reducing dependencies. Perhaps a #
BBB comment is enough, though what it looks like exactly depends a bit
on how the tool will work in the end.

Regards,

Martijn