[Zope-dev] Next Step to Bug Resolution???

Hedley Roos hedleyroos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 08:23:35 EST 2008

Hi Tim

I'm more involved with Plone but can provide a slightly more
digestible answer :)

Chris mentioned unit tests. You do not have to write a new unit test.
What is required is to have a look at the tests and then identify one
that is relevant to your problematic method. This test should be very
easy to read. The "hard" part is for you to expand this test to
demonstrate the exception. This will typically require a few lines of
code but since you already fixed a bug I assume it won't be hard to
do.

Then you have to run all the other tests to check that you haven't
broken anything else by doing ./bin/instance test -s zope.something.

Finally create a patch file and attach it to your original report on
the tracker.

Mmm, after writing all this I can see why it is a pain. I do however
understand the need for unit tests so I don't think you are going to
be able to get past that bit. Perhaps a kind Zope dev will pick up on
this.

Hedley