[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zc.dict/branches/tlotze-blist/src/zc/dict/ordered.txt added a test to ensure the order is stored in a BList

Gary Poster gary.poster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 08:49:24 EST 2008

Hi Thomas.  Very cool that you are working on zc.dict + zc.blist.

The updateOrder API is a sucky API for blists, as I'm sure you've
realized. :-)

FWIW, I seem to recall that Plone has a reasonable-to-nice API for
changing order in containers, and the API would be able to take much
better advantage of using blists for the ordering.  I was intending to
study that when I designed the new API (even if the Plone API were
perfect, I would be wary of copying it because of GPL vs. ZPL, but
maybe you could get them to relicense if you wanted it).

You'd probably still want to keep updateOrder around, I guess, since
that's the Zope 3 interface, but I would have documentation
discouraging it.

Gary