[Zope-dev] Sorting for zope.index

Dan Korostelev nadako at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 09:10:27 EST 2008

Hello, fellow zope developers :)

I made a "nadako-sorting" branch of zope.index to add sorting support
for zope indexes. I defined a new IIndexSort interface that specifies
a "sort" method that takes document ids and returns an iterable of
those ids, sorted by indexed value. It supports optional "limit" and
"reverse" arguments. It also raises KeyError if you pass a docid that
is not indexed by this index.

Can someone review the interface definition and make any suggestions/objections?

I also made an implementation for the FieldIndex that may not be too
optimal, but I'm currently most interested in clean and universal
IIndexSort definition that any index could efficiently implement.

If there's no objections, I'd like to merge it to trunk and start
adding sorting features for zope.app.catalog/z3c.indexer, as well as
zc.catalog indexes.

Thanks in advance!

--
WBR, Dan Korostelev