[Zope-dev] Changing the system user's title

Benji York benji at zope.com
Fri Feb 22 11:32:07 EST 2008

I have some automated tasks that invoke code that expects a principle to
exist in the interaction, so I'd like to use the "system user"
(principle ID zope.security.management.system_user, defined in
zope.security) to perform them, but its current title of "Special System
User that typically has all permissions" isn't exactly something I want
to show end-users.

I'd like to change it to something like "System User".  I /think/ this
change shouldn't affect people much because until recently this
principle couldn't be looked up by it's ID (a recent fix to
zope.app.security made it possible).

If this proposal meets with support (or is totally ignored <wink>), I'll
make a bug fix release of zope.security with this change.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer